Sunday, April 19, 2020

Opinionated Cardinal Shawl - Body Done

I finished up the body of this shawl while walking the neighborhood with Bruce.  He has taken to walking every day for exercise, and when I can I join him.  I think I finished up the body before we even went on the mandatory telework, so that would have been back in March.  It then got to sit for a while so I could ponder how I wanted to finish it off.  I purchased a second set of the color ways because I really liked the colors, so I had some options.  At this point I think I will use my second skein of Opinionated Cardinal to work the border on this one.  It will be interesting to see how the colors pool with the shorter rows.  I then plan on knitting another Boomerang Shawl for myself with the Woodsman color way, and probably using the rest of the Opinionated Cardinal for a border on that one as well, unless I decide to go with black, as I did for my sister’s shawl.

Pattern:  Improvised (Boomerang shawl)
Yarn:  SpaceCadet Yarns Oriana in Opinionated Cardinal
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment