Monday, April 20, 2020

Delphinia Shawl - Cast On

I think that these skeins may have been my first Interstellar Yarn Alliance shipments.  The one on the right was the May 2019 club shipment, and the one on the left is the coordinating colorway.  At that time I thought that they would make a good Delphinia.  Even though I have plenty of projects on the needles, I decided to go ahead and cast on another one.  I wanted something pretty simple, with some nice sections of garter stitch for reading while knitting.
The yarn is SpaceCadet Ester, a nice sock yarn.
This picture shows how nicely the garter sections in the Ice Cream Truck colorway frames the Eyelet sections in Chalk Doodles.

Pattern:  Delphinia by Ambah O’Brien
Yarn:  SpaceCadet Yarns Ester in Ice Cream Truck and Chalk Doodles
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment