Saturday, April 18, 2020

Lunar Fade MKAL - Clue 2 Done

Clue 2 went pretty fast.  This is actually pretty good knitting for working on while I’m reading, which allowed me to catch up on my Heinlein biography.  I’m really liking my colors.  I put in a lifeline, as recommended by the designer, and am also using markers, which I rarely do.  I did make one mistake - I forgot an increase at the very end of the first increase row in the pink section.  At first I thought about adding an increase on a later row, but the next increase row had you skip the increase in the first section, so I did not skip that increase and that got me to the correct stitch count.  The last row establishes a new pattern, with 14 stitch markers instead of 11, so I figured it wouldn’t make a difference.  The pattern called for m1r increases, but I did lifted increases instead.  I just like them better.  I’ve been weaving in my ends as I go so I don’t have all that finishing to do later.  I did the same thing on my Xuan Wrap.

Pattern:  Lunar Fade MKAL by Larissa Brown
Yarn:  Zen Yarn Garden Serenity Silk Single
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment