Thursday, December 26, 2019

Remnants Shawl - Cast On

Of course, once I started knitting my Adventuresome Wrap with my Sunshine Yarns set I had the problem of what to do with the leftovers.  I could just throw them in a bag, but then I would lose the order, so I decided to knit them up right away into another one of my simple garter stitch boomerang shawls.  I've knit up the first color and have actually started the second.  I think when I'm done with this set, I will take the leftovers from last year's set and do a knit on border.  The pattern is improvised.  I start out with 3 stitches and work a couple of rows where I increase without decreasing until I get to enough stitches where I can work both the increase and the decrease.  The basic pattern is as follows:

Right sides:  k2, (k, yo, k) into the next stitch, knit across to the last 4 stitches, k2tog, k2.
Wrong sides:  knit

Once I cast on, I work the right side row without the decrease until I have enough stitches to work the full pattern.

Pattern:  improvised
Yarn:  Sunshine Yarns Classic Sock
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm).

No comments:

Post a Comment