Sunday, December 1, 2019

Dreamy Adalia - Blocked!

I trimmed all of the ends and tried it on this morning.  The fit is good.  I also ordered some pewter Celtic Knot buttons for it, as opposed to the crochet buttons called for in the pattern.  When I picked up the collar I did not pick up the stitch count indicated in the pattern, but simply picked up evenly along the neck.  Then I worked two complete rows in pattern.  The first row (which is a wrong side row) I decreased, in pattern, to get the correct number of stitches as called for in the pattern.  Then I worked a right side row to get back to the starting point for the short rows, which I worked as called for in the pattern.  I picked up the wraps as I came to them on the succeeding row.  I bound off knitwise, as there was no indication in the pattern directions to bind off in pattern (as had been given for the sleeves).  From the pictures it looked like a knitwise bind off.

Pattern:  Adalia by Jennifer Wood
Yarn:  Spirit Trail Fiberworks Verdande in Daydream
Needles:  US 6 (4 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment