Sunday, December 22, 2019

Botanical Exordium - Cast On

I had originally picked out these two skeins, which came as a pair, for Anna Dalvi's 2019 Advent Shawl, but I didn't like the way they were working up together for that pattern, as you can see from the picture below.  I will come back to Anna Dalvi's shawl later, and I have yarn in my stash in mind for it - yellow and red (Butter and Sin).
Then Exordium came out, and I scored a free copy during the introductory period (it hit number 1 on Ravelry).  I like the textural quality of the shawl, and thought it just might tame the variegated skein.  I like how it is coming out so far.
I really like the section that I'm working now, even if that stitch is a little bit of a pain to work.

Pattern:  Exordium by Rebecca Picoult
Yarn:  Zen Yarn Garden Superfine Fingering in Botanical and Limes
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment