Thursday, December 26, 2019

Adventuresome Wrap - Cast On

Last year I purchased a Sunshine Yarns Advent kit for my Ambah O'Brien Advent project.  I purchased another one this year.  The colorway is Night Sky.  Once again I opened all of them this past weekend.  Unlike last year, the yarns came in little paper bags with the number on the bag and no identification on the skein itself, which meant that after I unwrapped them I had to be careful to keep them in the proper order.  I decided the best way to do that was to knit them up quickly, so yesterday I cast on.  I cast on 202 stitches to make the shawl wider and to use up more yarn.  It's a good thing I did, too, as I'm still only using up about 2/3 of each of the mini skeins.
When Ambah announced her 2019 patterns, Sunshine Yarns suggested some neutral skein colors for the main color on the Adventuresome Wrap.  I picked up a skein of gray.  But then I saw that someone on Ravelry was using red as their main color and that got me thinking.  So I looked at my colors and decided that a bold blue might be a good color to go with my set.  I had what I thought would be the perfect color lurking in my stash, I just had to find it.  It was catalogued on Ravelry, but the location information was incorrect.  I finally found it hiding in a project bag for one of my many WIPs.  The gray will go to good use, however, the main color in the Jimmy Beans Craftvent calendar this year is a gray fuzzy alpaca, and I just don't do fuzzy yarns, plus I have to be a little careful with alpaca as it can make my hands itch.

The colors are (from top to bottom and left to right):
1.  Outer Space
2.  Black Hole
3.  Dark Nebula
4.  Asteroid
5.  Horizons
6.  Blue Moon
7.  Aurora Borealis
8.  Equinox
9.  Orbit
10.  Crater
11.  Ursa Major
12.  Galaxy
13.  Neutron
14.  Constellations
15.  Orion Nebula
16.  Pink Sky
17.  Star Cluster
18.  Starburst
19.  Lyra
20.  False Dawn
21.  Satellite
22.  Comet Tail
23.  Heat Lightning
24.  Polaris
25.  Light Year

Pattern:  ADVENTuresome Wrap by Ambah O'Brien
Yarn:  Sunshine Yarns Classic Sock, 2019 Night Sky Advent
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment