Sunday, December 22, 2019

Sunshower Shawl - Five through Eleven

Steady work this past week on this shawl has seen me through the rest of the little boxes that have been stacking up all year on the floor of my piano room (which also holds the latest yarn acquisitions and general yarn overflow).  All of the little boxes have been broken down and placed in the recycle bin, although I was tempted to keep them, they are really nice boxes.  I did make a modification to the pattern once I got to the lace section.  I recognize this lace motif from Ambah's 2018 Advent shawl.  This time I decided to maintain they symmetry and only worked 4 (ssk, yo) instead of 5, and then k3, continuing on with the 4 (yo, k2tog).  On the right side rows I maintained the m1l, k1, m1r.  I am left with a bag of leftovers.  I think all of the boxes had a little ball of additional yarn in them, which I have gathered up along with the leftovers.  I will probably lay them out in a pleasing color scheme and make a simple garter stitch boomerang shawl out of them - just to use them up.
The colors in the shawl so far:
Ceremony
Winter's Rest
Silver Fox
Constellation
Antler
Star Scatter
Hosta Blue
Dopamine
Coquette Deux
Beautiful Liar

I don't have the 11th color list yet, as I still have one more row to go with that color.  I have been joining the new yarn to the old to avoid weaving in a lot of ends when I'm done.  The final box will be mailed after Christmas.

Pattern:  Sunshower Shawl by Ambah O'Brien
Yarn:  Tosh Merino Light
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment