Sunday, September 3, 2017

Twinkle, Twinkle Shrug - One Stripe Done

First stripe done on my Twinkle, Twinkle Shrug.  I love the way that our perception of colors is changed by the colors we put next to them.  That is one of the attractions of these color block shrugs.  They are little lessons in color theory.

A funny thing happened this morning on Facebook.  Biscotte posted a picture of my Peacock Shrug, but it was the picture I took of the shrug before I had gone back and fixed the order of the blues on the first side.  Naturally it caused some confusion.  There was a comment of "What the..." in French.  I resurrected my old French language skills and I think I managed to respond in passable French - stating that it wasn't finished, and then I posted a picture of the blocking shrug in my response.  I haven't seen any reaction yet.

Pattern:  Traveling Zebra Shrug by Carolyn Blakelock
Yarn:  Biscotte & Cie Bis-sock
Needles:  US 2.5 (3 mm) and US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment