Saturday, September 2, 2017

Peacock Shrug - Finished!

I thought it would be fun and informative to give some before and after shots of my Peacock Shrug.  This is before blocking. You can see how scrunchy it is.  The measurements before blocking were 9 inches for the folded width and 42 inches for the length.  Here is a blocking shot.
The dimensions now are about 10 inches for the folded width and 57 inches for the length.  To block I simply laid it out without stretching excessively and gently patting out any distortions.  It relaxes substantially, but that is what gives it the drape when you wear it.  I finished up the knitting last knit - reversing the two blue stripes on the first side, and then did the finishing this morning.  It took me about 2 hours to do the kitchener stitch grafting, the three rounds of knitting around the opening and the bind off.  One thing I can say about these projects, I'm getting pretty good at kitchener stitch.

Pattern:  Traveling Zebra Shrug by Carolyn Blakelock
Yarn:  Biscotte & Cie Bis-sock
Needles:  US 2.5 (3 mm) and US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment