Sunday, September 10, 2017

Goldwing in Green - Making Progress

The shrugs are such easy mindless knitting that it is easy for me to just lose myself in them, but I decided that I really needed to work on some of my other WIPs, so this past week I picked this one back up, using it for my TV watching knitting, and reserving the shrug for knitting while reading.  This was going to be my third Camp Loopy project, but my test knit took precedence, so that didn't happen.  It is definitely looking more wing-like, and the green is gradually getting darker as I get closer to the end of the cake.  The pattern is actually pretty boring, and I have found myself a couple of times forgetting the increase stitch that increases the depth of the center section.  Fortunately I've caught it pretty quickly when I do it, and I'm trying to be a bit more mindful of it.

Pattern:  Goldwing by Ambah O'Brien
Yarn:  Canon Hand Dyes William Merino Gradient in Emeralds
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment