Sunday, September 10, 2017

Twinkle, Twinkle Shrug - One Side Done

It didn't take me long to finish the rest of the first side, although I did take a break from this project to work on one of my other WIPs.  I have also done the pickup on the other side, and started another center panel for another shrug - this time another Charivari shrug.  On my first two shrugs - my Gazania Shrug that I gave to my sister Liz and the Watermelon Shrug that I made for Carol I used up all of my yarn by working short rows in garter stitch before joining.  I've been looking at those projects and thinking about resurrecting that practice.  When I made the Charivari Shrug for my sister Virginia I was using it to finalize the pattern and didn't want to do any of those kinds of improvisations, but I do like the look and it uses up all of the yarn.  It may even make them sit a little better when they are worn.

Pattern:  Traveling Zebra Shrug by Carolyn Blakelock
Yarn:  Biscotte & Cie Bis-sock
Needles:  US 2.5 (3 mm) and US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment