Saturday, September 23, 2017

Goldwing in Green - Over Half-way

I started the second skein this week and am working the decrease part of the pattern now.  I did one repeat with no increases or decreases before beginning the decreases.  I am working this skein from the inside, which is the dark green.  I do like the subtle change of the color from light to dark and back again.  This is the first time I've used this yarn and I'm very curious how it will block.  The yarn is dyed, I believe, by knitting a blank and painting it in order to get the gradual color change.  Then it gets caked up.  The yarn is still a little kinky and the fiber feels a little compressed, I'm hoping it will bloom a little when I block it.

Pattern:  Goldwing by Ambah O'Brien
Yarn:  Canon Hand Dyes William Merino Gradient in Emeralds
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment