Sunday, July 23, 2017

Strawberry Shortcake Shrug - One Side Done

Oh well, so much for working on my test knit, but I was really enjoying the quiet of the morning and wanted to read, and this project is a perfect "knit and read" project.  When I work on lace I tend to have the television or radio on.  I'm reading the Foreigner series by C.J. Cherryh, one of my all time favorite science fiction authors.  She is an amazing world builder and I think the only author I have read that can really create convincing aliens.  The picture isn't the best as it is very overcast here - it may start raining again.  We had some wonderful thunderstorms last night.  I do love summer thunderstorms.  I just love this pattern so much, I may turn all of my Biscotte self-striping yarn into shrugs, and just figure out colors to go with them.  Biscotte seems to have expanded their line of semi-solid colors, and they've added speckled skeins, and you can get 50 gram skeins as well as 100 gram skeins, so there are lots of options opening up.  I've pulled out my Peacock Paintbox set and will start working the central panel on that one.  I'm going to stick it in my project bag that goes to work with me - it used to always have a sock project it in, now it is going to have a shrug central panel instead, for a while, at least.


Pattern:  Traveling Zebra Shrug by Carolyn Blakelock
Yarn:  Biscotte & Cie Bis-sock
Needles:  US 2.5 (3 mm) and US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment