Sunday, July 9, 2017

Strawberry Shortcake Shrug - Starting Over

I first started working on this shrug last December, but really struggled with the colors because I just couldn't find a self-striping yarn that went with these skeins.  Having now made 4 shrugs - the Charivari, Watermelon and Gazania shrugs, as well as the sample for Biscotte as part of the pattern write up - I no longer have one for myself.  The Charivari Shrug I made for my sister Virginia, the Watermelon Shrug I made for her business partner Carol, and the Gazania Shrug I gave to my sister Liz.  When I came back from Bead & Button shrug-less I knew that I had to get started making more for myself - it is just such a wonderful design and I love the colors.  I have 5 Paintbox kits in my stash - Watermelon, Charivari, Twinkle Twinkle, Peacock and this one, plus I have another Gazania on order.  I had decided during the trip that I would make color-block shrugs out of the ones that I couldn't find a self-striping skein for so I picked this one back up and started knitting away on the central panel with the darkest skein.  I'm making steady progress.  This is my mindless knit for watching TV I need to pay attention to, or when I want to read.
When I start with the ruffled edge strips I am going to start with the lightest skein (working the colors from left to right) to provide a better contrast with the central panel.

Pattern:  Traveling Zebra Shrug by Carolyn Blakelock
Yarn:  Biscotte & Cie Bis-sock
Needles:  US 2.5 (3 mm) and US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment