Sunday, July 2, 2017

Rainbow Vest - Camp Loopy 2017 Project Two

Yesterday I finally got around to swatching for my second Camp Loopy 2017 project.  It took me a couple of tries to get it right.  The pattern called for a US 7 (4.5 mm) needle.  I started out working with a US 7, but quickly realized the resulting fabric was going to be way too loose, so I pulled it out and started over again with a US 6 (4 mm).  That didn't seem much better so I pulled that out and started again with a US 5 (3.75 mm).  I finished the swatch with the US 5 needles, and it seemed better, but I suspected it was still going to be too loose and when I blocked it my suspicions were confirmed, so I did another swatch on US 3 (3.25 mm) and that one was right on.  Hmm, and I am not a loose knitter.  Of course I did substitute a different yarn.

Pattern:  Desert Arrows Vest by Jean Clement
Yarn:  Blue Moon Fiber Arts Cloud Nine in Taste the Rainbow
Needle:  US 3 (3.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment