Sunday, July 9, 2017

Kimba - Making Progress

Now that I've finished up the sample knit for Biscotte I've been focusing on some of my other projects.  I haven't quite gotten to the point where I bring in the second color, but I am only 5 rows away.  I have been using the written instructions instead of the charts on this one, in part because the charts are rather garishly colored.  I understand the reason - showing when to change colors in the pattern, but the selections are just a bit too intense for my tastes.  Fortunately the stitch patterns are pretty easy to memorize.  I am going to have to do some modifications on the color switching because I probably don't have enough of color 2, and I would like to use up more of my colors 3 and 4, so I think I will add some rows.

Pattern:  Kimba by Ambah O'Brien
Yarn:  Zen Yarn Garden Serenity 20
Needles:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment