Saturday, July 29, 2017

Strawberry Shortcake Shrug - Side Two - One Stripe Done

I've finished up one stripe on the second side and am about to start the stockinette section on the second stripe.  I came home on Friday to discover that I've been paid by Biscotte for the pattern and sample of this shrug pattern.  Hopefully it will be released soon.

I thought I would share how I secure the first side while I'm working on the second.  I knit the last row onto another, longer set of needles and then put a lock on those needles to keep the stitches from coming off.
This is what my stitch lock looks like.  It has a spring inside.  When you push down the holes from the two pieces line up and you can slide your needle through the hole.  I put the both needles through the holes facing the same direction.  Makes them a little easier to manage.  I slide it down to the cable, that way the increase in diameter of the needle keeps it from being pulled off accidentally.

Pattern:  Traveling Zebra Shrug by Carolyn Blakelock
Yarn:  Biscotte & Cie Bis-sock
Needles:  US 2.5 (3 mm) and US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment