Saturday, June 25, 2016

MagicWaves Triangle - Two Skeins and Three Repeats of Chart 2 Done

When my brain has been awake enough I've also been working on my MagicWaves Triangle Shawl.  I used up the second skein this morning and joined the third skein.  I was looking back at my other blog posts on this project and realized I hadn't posted a picture of the yarn set, so here it is.  The order of the skeins goes from left to right, so I am just getting into the greens.  The colorway is Snow Glint and the base is Luxe, one of my favorites.
The skein weights are:
Skein 1 - 28.6 g
Skein 2 - 28.2 g
Skein 3 - 27.6 g
Skein 4 - 27.5 g
Skein 5 - 28.4 g
Skein 6 - 28.6 g

And so far my yarn usage is:
Chart 1:  4.9 g
Chart 2, repeat 1:  11.7 g
Chart 2, repeat 2:  18.8 g
Chart 2, repeat 3:  26.8 g

As you can see from the top picture, this is a really fine example of a gradiance set because the skeins blend beautifully from one to the next.  By contrast, a gradient set is one in which you're working with a family of colors, but each skein is a single color.

Pattern:  MagicWaves Triangle by Kieran Foley & Nim Teasdale
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Luxe in Snow Glint
Needles:  US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment