Saturday, June 18, 2016

Charivari Zebra - Done!

I finished this up this past week, while I was home with a nasty summer cold and needed something mindless to work on.  My shawl is longer than the pattern called for because I used up all of the self-striping yarn.  This resulted in me running a little short of the black yarn and the white yarn.  To account for that I simply adjusted the number of rows of garter stitch.  I also ended up binding off with leftover gray yarn, although I didn't have enough to do the entire bind off in the gray, and on one edge (the bottom edge in this picture) I bound off on a wrong side row.  I also wet blocked it, which relaxed the ruffles somewhat.  I'm happy with the result, and I used up every bit of yarn.

Pattern:  Traveling Zebra by Louise Robert
Yarn:  Bis-sock by Biscotte & Cie
Needle:  US 2.5 (3 mm) & US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment