Monday, June 20, 2016

Deep Blue - Finished!

I finished this up on Sunday, with only about 10 grams of yarn left over.  It came out a good deal larger than I expected - eight feet long.  I did not block aggressively, just laid it out on the blocking mats and smoothed things into place.  I didn't even pin anything.  I left the bottom edge scalloped.
Even the ends look like waves.  I've uploaded my picture to The Loopy Ewe web site.

I went back to working on my MagicWaves Triangle shawl, and also cast on my other Traveling Zebra set, so I would have some mindless knitting.  I have also set up the Percy Shawl pattern in knitCompanion, and received my yarn, so I'm all ready to cast on.  And there is another Biscotte KAL starting up - a fun sock pattern called Scamper, and I certainly have plenty of Biscotte sock yarn, so I had to sign up for that plus I got a discount on the pattern.  And Sivia Harding just announced another KAL - the Peacock Shawl KAL.  I couldn't resist the yarn, my kit is ordered and I've bought the pattern.  I will confess that two other of her patterns slipped into my basket before I managed to check out.


Pattern:  Siren Song by Louise Zass-Bangham
Yarn:  JulieSpins MCN 430 in Fathom
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment