Thursday, June 16, 2016

Deep Blue - Past the Half-way Mark

I took Deep Blue and Charivari Zebra with me to Bead & Button, but mostly worked on Deep Blue.  I received a lot of compliments on it as I worked on it in the booth (the show was pretty slow, unfortunately).  I did have to rip back twice because I messed up even this simple lace pattern.  It happens to us all.  Fortunately this is very well-behaved yarn, so I was able to just pull the needles and rip back to one row shy of the mistake and then pull that last row out one stitch at a time while picking up the stitches with the needle.  Yesterday morning I ordered yarn for my second Camp Loopy project.  This one needs to be something that has been in my queue for over a year.  I picked the third item in my queue - a triangular lace shawl called Percy, but I think I will add another triangle (turning it into a 3/4 square shawl) and beads.  It has been in my queue since 2011.

Pattern:  Siren Song by Louise Zass-Bangham
Yarn:  JulieSpins MCN 430 in Fathom
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment