Sunday, August 16, 2015

Peter Pan - Decisions, Decisions

The way this shawl is designed is interesting.  The graphic below shows how the skeins are used as you knit the shawl.
After you knit the body of the shawl, an edging is knit along the long edges, changing skeins to match the skein usage in the body.  I've been busy this morning running numbers in my spreadsheet and thinking about possible options.  I also looked at all of the finished projects to see how it all comes together and I have figured out several different schemes.  Given the yarn requirements I have a lot of options.  The one I'm leaning toward would use skeins 1-4 in the body and skeins 5 and 6 for the edging.  I've laid out my yarn to see how that would look.
I really like the contrast of the greens against the yellow and especially the pink.  I'm also thinking that I will use skein 1 for the entire center motif instead of switching to skein 2 towards the end of the second chart.

Pattern:  Peter Pan by Janine le Cras
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Luxe in Tinkerbell
Needle:  US 6 (4 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment