Sunday, August 23, 2015

Andromeda Cape - Finished!

I finished this last weekend, but was waiting for some good weather to try to get some outdoor shots in attempt to more accurately capture the colors.  While this shawl was actually very easy to convert into a cape, it was a little challenging to block.
Because of the asymmetrical increases there is a spiral element which introduces a bias into the finished fabric (similar to a skirt cut on the bias).  The front edges are always a little tricky because they have a tendency to stretch radially.  When I knit my Treasure Island and Snow Queen capes I was able to match up the front edges and make sure that I didn't stretch them more than the spines in the body of the shawl.  Of course once you start to wear them, they will tend to stretch.

Pattern:  Andromeda Shawl by Janine le Cras (converted into a cape)
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Verve in Magic Mirror
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment