Sunday, August 30, 2015

Once and Future King - Finished!

The final clue came out this past Friday so the finished shawls are starting to appear on Ravelry.  This is the part that I love the most - seeing the same pattern knit up in all the different colorways.  That is something that I think is unique to our Mystery Knit Alongs.

This shawl was my first time grafting lace weight yarn.  I did okay, although I need to work on the consistency of my tension - it was a little loose, but that is probably better than being too tight.

Here is a blocking picture.
And another beauty shot.
You could add length by repeating the motif in the center, and I think it would be interesting to knit it from the center out using a provisional cast on.  I have created reversed charts, just in case I feel like doing that sometime.


Pattern:  The Once and Future King by Janine le Cras
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Eos in Roi Soleil
Needle:  US 3 (3.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment