Friday, July 31, 2015

Once and Future King - Clue 3 Done

Clue 3 came out today, so I can reveal mine.  I don't know what I'm going to do when Clue 5 comes out, I didn't get a picture of that one.  I think when I was knitting the first half I finished that clue in the early evening and there wasn't enough light to get a good picture, but I didn't want to stop working on it so I figured I would get a picture when I worked side 2, and then I forgot.  Once the pattern gets established things go pretty quickly.  I like rectangular shawls because the rows never get any longer.  The potential disadvantage of rectangular shawls is that the color can stripe and pool in a regular pattern, something it doesn't tend to do when the number of stitches is changing.  I know that some people can get really annoyed with that, but I just let the yarn do what it wants and I think that with Unique Sheep yarn it always comes out beautiful.  There is a very cool way to keep this from happening that Merike showed us at the retreat this past year - knit a rectangular shawl from the center out using a similar cast on to the one you use on toe up socks, just a lot longer.  The pattern is called Hawkesdene, after the place we stay at for the retreat.  I still need to make one, but it is on my list.

Pattern:  The Once and Future King by Janine le Cras
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Eos in Roi Soleil
Needle:  US 3 (3.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment