Saturday, July 18, 2015

Once and Future King - Clue 1 Done

The latest Unique Sheep Mystery Knit Along - The Once and Future King - started yesterday so I can finally reveal my clue 1.  I knit this one from stash, using beads from stash as well.  I used longer daggers than the pattern called for because that was what I had in my stash, and I liked the look.
I also place the seed bead after purling the stitch instead of before - it is placed on the same wrong side row as the dagger.  I've always wondered about this whole question of when to place the bead - before or after working the stitch.  It always seemed to me that if you place the bead before working the stitch you are in essence placing the bead on the previous row, not the row you're currently working.

I put all of the clues together over the fourth of July weekend.  When I created the jpegs of the charts I increased the font size for the column and row numbers and also for the key, to make them more readable.  One thing I did not do this time was add in extra explanation on the stitches, figuring they were all pretty basic lace stitches, but there were enough questions that I know not to do that again.  I ended up creating a more detailed key and posting it on the Clue 1 thread.  I'll put a more detailed key in the final pattern, and post detailed keys in the threads for the other clues as well.

Pattern:  The Once and Future King by Janine le Cras
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Eos in Roi Soleil
Needle:  US 3 (3.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment