Saturday, July 25, 2015

Once and Future King - Clue 2 Done

The second clue came out yesterday morning, so I spent a fair bit of yesterday keeping watch on the Clue 2 discussion thread making sure I answered questions that arose as promptly as I could.  There weren't too many, which is good.  That means we did a pretty good job with the instructions.  One question that did not come up this time was the bead placement.  The key says "knit and bead" instead of "bead and knit".  When we've had it the other way we always get questions.  The one thing that did come up was image resolution of the clue chart.  We've had this issue come up before, but not everyone is affected.  It is noticed most by folks that use KnitCompanion, a great knitting app that I've used as well, but not everyone that uses the app has issues.  I don't know if this is because some folks have the higher resolution iPads and those are the ones noticing the resolution.  I know that we certainly notice the resolution difference on our HD TV between regular programming and HD programming.  Anyway, I spent a fair bit of last night working on addressing that issue and sending samples to a couple of people to try out to see if I fixed things.  It was fun because we were collaborating in real-time via email and on Ravelry.  I hope I have it all fixed.  I sent Laura an updated Clue 2 file this morning to send out to everyone.  We'll see what the reaction is and then I'll update the rest of the clues.

I also spent some time last night on the test knit.  We've had to modify the design because of yarn constraints, and I've been going back and forth with the designer on the modifications.

Pattern:  The Once and Future King by Janine le Cras
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Eos in Roi Soleil
Needle:  US 3 (3.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment