Because I'm doing this as a cape I had to tweak the first border a little. I started out with 6 rows of garter stitch, slipping the first stitch on the right side rows and working the last stitch together with one of the edge stitches. I also modified the border pattern - stretching it out - so that I don't have to work lace patterning on the wrong side rows because I just wasn't up for that. In essence I pretended that all of the rows in the chart were right side rows and the wrong side rows just weren't being shown. I am also not working the yarn over, k2tog at the beginning of the right side rows. Instead I'm slipping the first stitch. I ended up recharting the border just to make it easier on my brain (which has to work hard enough during the week).
I also got an email today that my Solar Flare yarn has shipped, which is very exciting. I worked out the modifications to make that shawl into a cape and recharted everything. I think it will be very cool. I still need to get beads for that shawl, and also for my Evenstar Cape. It looks like lots of folks will be joining me for that knit along, which I figure I will start over the Labor Day weekend. It is very exciting for me to be leading a knit along. I'm planning on making it a teaching opportunity for me to teach folks how to go about doing a cape conversion. I've helped a few people to do that (I seem to be getting a bit of a rep), but have never done something on this scale before. I'm looking forward to it.
Pattern: Andromeda Shawl by Janine le Cras (converted into a cape)
Yarn: The Unique Sheep Verve in Magic Mirror
Needle: US 5 (3.75 mm)