Sunday, February 22, 2015

Snow Queen - Clue 1

The Snow Queen Mystery Knit Along started this past Friday, so I can finally begin to reveal my shawl.  I test knit this pattern using the yarn above - Dusk on the Fjord in Marici Fingering.  It was my first time using Marici Fingering, which is 100% silk.  I love the richness of the colors, and it is wonderful to knit with.  I received the pink beads with the yarn, but I had also purchased several other colors from Earthfaire and was delighted to discover that I had 3 colors that went with my yarn.  As part of the test knit we were provided a complete chart of the pattern, so I could see how all of the elements came together and that inspired me to go a bit crazy with the beads.  I ended up using most of those 6 packages of beads in the picture.  I started with the silver end and the Crystal AB beads.

As part of the test knit I created a cape modification - something that I have become known for in our Unique Sheep group - and this time the modification instructions are being included in the pattern, with appropriate attribution.
The placement of the extra beads is not included in the pattern, but I have been adding notes to my project page.  This is not the best picture, taken on a cloudy afternoon in late November, but the other pictures are better.

Project:  Snow Queen by Janine le Cras
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Marici Fingering in Dusk on the Fjord
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment