Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Primula Adiri - Finished!

I finished this sweater up on Sunday.  The picture does not really do it justice.  I shall have to try and get a photo of it on me.  It fits perfectly.  I remember my early days knitting sweaters and the problems that I would have getting them to fit - mostly due to a combination of not getting gauge and lack of experience.  I was always ambitious in my project selections.  Of course gauge swatches do not tell the whole story or the whole truth.  How can a small square gauge reveal what the finished sweater will be like?  There are an instance of the fingerpost, pointing the way, you need experience to read the terrain and know how to proceed.  Luckily yarn can be frogged and used again, and I have reknit sweaters to get them to fit.

I haven't started anything new yet, although I do have some works in progress that I need to get back to at some point.  Right now I am converting a bottom up raglan cardigan to a top down raglan cardigan and modifying the cable pattern on the sleeves.  The pattern is Cassatt from the Sweet Paprika Sweater Club.  I don't do bobbles and I would like to be able to make it a little longer so I will work the sleeves and the collar before I finish the body and use up all of my yarn.  I am also working on two test knits.  I really enjoy test knitting and tech editing patterns and I learn so much about pattern writing from the MKALs.

Pattern:  Adiri by Julia Trice
Yarn:  Shalimar Yarns Haven in Primula
Needles:  US 6 (4.0 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment