Saturday, February 28, 2015

Burgundy Pullover - Shaping Done

We ran a couple of errands this morning, including mailing off my two test knits to Laura so they could get their pictures taken, and then settled down after lunch to watch "Boyhood", which is almost 3 hours long, so I worked on my Burgundy Pullover.  It is perfect mindless knitting for watching a good movie or reading a good book.  I'm on my third ball of yarn and have finished up the side shaping and am only 27 rows away from splitting for the front and the back.  For this pattern I put the round marker in the middle of the back.  This makes the side shaping come out better because you don't have the jog.

I did find a project in my latest Bead & Button magazine that I want to make, but it uses a lot of different colors of beads and I need to figure out my color scheme.  I'm hoping that I can use stash beads - I like to do that when I can, it provides a fun challenge.  So far I have avoided the house work, well unless you count laundry, which I really don't because you just throw it in the machine and walk away.

Pattern:  Ladies Sweater - 1838 from Moments No. 005
Yarn:  SMC Select Extra Soft Merino Fino
Needles:  US 2.5 (3.0 mm) and US 3 (3.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment