Friday, August 1, 2014

Watership Down II - Second Border - 20 repeats down, 70 more to go...

Thought I would just post a progress picture.  This border is taking a little longer than normal because of the beads.  I can only knit a couple of rows of each repeat before I have to pause and slide beads further down the yarn.  You have to be careful how you do that sliding because they can really cause wear on your yarn which could lead to it breaking, which would be a very sad thing.  After some experimenting I have discovered that 3 beads is the optimal number to slide at a time.  Of course, after each repeat there is one fewer bead to slide.  I am placing the bead between the first and second rows of the repeat - so at the end of the first row, beginning of the second row.

Pattern:  Watership Down by Janine le Cras
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Eos in Moulin Huet
Needle:  US 3 (3.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment