Sunday, August 24, 2014

Jazzberries and Lemon Drops

I finished up my Oliver Twist test knit yesterday and started really working on my leftovers shawl, which I have decided to call Jazzberries and Lemon Drops.  I ordered a 100 gram set of Luxe in the Lemon Drops gradiance for the knit on border.  These leftover shawls are a lot of fun to work.  They really showcase the colors of the gradiance set and allow me to play with color combinations when I pick the color for the knit on border.  I have a couple of borders that I like to use for these shawls borrowed from other patterns.  The basic shawl pattern itself is from Over the Moon by Vicki Mikulak.  This is the fourth one of these that I have done.  I have used up all of skein 1 and am almost done with the leftovers of skein 2.  This is a really gorgeous colorway and it knits up into such a beautiful shawl.

Test knitting was a lot of fun, but it was also challenging in that I had to decide when to switch skeins.  I did a spreadsheet with stitch counts for each chart and basically tried to do about the same number of stitches in each skein, but yarn usage varies depending upon how lacy the design is, and I did some adjusting based on what was going on in the design.  I ended up with a fair bit of the first 4 skeins left over (14, 16, 14 and 10 grams) and not as much of the last two (6 and 4 grams).

Pattern:  Over the Moon by Vicki Mikulak
Yarn:  Luxe in Jaded Jazzberry
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment