Sunday, August 10, 2014

Baroque Violet - Folded - Body almost done

I was making pretty good progress on my Folded top until I had to start my test knit.  So now this one is on hold until I finish that.  In fact everything else is pretty much on hold until I finish the test knit.  I am almost up to the arm holes on this one and I have the perfect reading material to keep me going when I get back to it - The Game of Thrones series by George R. R. Martin.  I have read his work before.  He wrote the extremely disturbing short story Sandkings, which I first read in Omni magazine as a teenager, while home alone during a storm.  I read a lot of science fiction growing up but have trouble finding books that grab me anymore.  It was really nice to start reading The Game of Thrones and just be able to lose myself in the story and the wonderful writing.  I'm moving quickly on the test knit, reading while working the rest rows and even a little on the lace rows.  Yes, the book is that good.

Pattern:  Folded by Veera Valimaki
Yarn:  Madelinetosh Pashmina in Baroque Violet
Needles:  US 4 (3.5 mm) & US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment