Sunday, February 2, 2014

Japanese Flower

I bought this kit from Blue Buddha Boutique a couple of years ago at Bead & Button and it has been sitting in my bead stash every since.  I pulled it out over the Christmas holidays and had a slight heart stopping moment because the directions were not with the kit.  Fortunately I remembered that I had bought this kit the same year that I had taken a class and I knew where all the material was for the class (I haven't finished that project yet either).  Sure enough, the instructions were in the bag with the class materials.  I pulled the kit out last night and finished the project up this morning.  It was pretty easy and I quickly got the hang of hooking the rings.  The instructions were good - I'm a visual person so I like lots of pictures - and they had great tips to make the process easier, like laying out all of your rings before you start each flower.
I used the large Bead-On-It Board that I bought last year at Bead & Button as my work surface and it worked extremely well, plenty of space without being too big.
Project:  Japanese Flower by Rebeca Mojica
Materials:
Aluminum Rings: D = 1/8", 20 gauge
Red Enameled Copper Rings:  D = 1/8", 20 gauge
Aluminum Rings:  D = 3/16", 18 gauge
Toggle Clasp

No comments:

Post a Comment