Saturday, February 15, 2014

Twisted Rib Pullover - Second Sleeve Done (for the second time)

As usual, the second sleeve went pretty quickly.  I had two partial balls of the yellow yarn left over from the Goldenrod pullover, so I used one of them to re-knit the bottom band of the body, just to see how much yarn it used and try to gauge if I had enough to do both the bottom edge and the top band.  I think I do, so I've started frogging the body and re-knitting it.  When I re-knit the sleeves I made them a bit longer.  The original pattern had them ending just below the elbow, but I prefer a three-quarter length, if I'm going for less than a full length sleeve.

Pattern:  Design 1835 from Moments No. 005
Yarn:  SMC Select Extra Soft Merino Fino
Needles:  US 3 (3.25 mm), US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment