Saturday, February 22, 2014

Twisted Rib Pullover - Body Almost Done

I have been focused on finishing my Twisted Rib Pullover.  Last weekend I restarted the body, knitting the ribbing in the yellow and began knitting the body by raveling the original work.  I made it almost to the underarm last weekend, knitting while reading the ninth Inspector Alleyn mystery (Death at the Bar by Ngaio Marsh).  Last weekend I also picked up a small spiral notebook to keep my pattern notes in.  I have been using those lined Post-It Pads, sticking the notes in magazines and pattern books, but they get creased and lose their stick and I really wanted something a bit more organized.
The notebook is 7 inches by 4 3/8 inches (17.7 cm by 11.1 cm), a really nice size and has 140 pages - lined.  I am always re-writing patterns, mostly changing them to knit them in the round.  I also have a larger notebook that I am using for the Tudor Roses adventure.
I bought this at Bead & Button several years ago when my sister and I went to the local office supply store for some booth supplies.  It has been sitting around waiting for a purpose ever since.  The patterns in Tudor Roses are fairly detailed, and so are my pattern notes, so I needed a larger format.  I have been re-writing the first pattern, and playing with gauge and once I get everything sorted I'll pick that project back up.

Pattern:  Design 1835 from Moments No. 005
Yarn:  SMC Select Extra Soft Merino Fino
Needles:  US 3 (3.25 mm), US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment