Sunday, February 17, 2013

The Little Mermaid - Clue 3 Done!

I started on this Clue yesterday but I had to tink back and start it over.  You see, I am constitutionally unable to knit an asymmetric lace pattern.  I just can't do it.  I made it through the first asymmetry on row 3, it was just a yarn over and a slip-slip-knit.  Such a little thing.  But when I got to row 7 there was that yawning space, 10 knit stitches where there should have been something else and I just couldn't go on, I could not force myself to knit another stitch.  So, I fired up my charting software and redid the center section to make it symmetrical.  Then I tinked back to row 4, figuring I could fix that first asymmetry with a little bit of surgery, which I did, and continued on my merry way.

Pattern: The Little Mermaid by Janine le Cras
Yarn: The Unique Sheep Ling in Bliss
Needle: US 3 (3.25 mm)


No comments:

Post a Comment