Sunday, February 10, 2013

Tanglewild - 1 Block Done

This is the October 2012 Unique Sheep Crochet Block of the Month, Tanglewild by Donna Kay Lacey.   The yarn is Pashmi in Gingerbread and Pumpkin Spice.  This pattern calls for starting with an adjustable loop.  I've seen a couple of different ways to do this, but sometimes things can be a bit fiddly and here is the method that I came up with.  First I cut a length of yarn long enough to form into a circle with enough overlap to hold the stitches and large enough to fit several fingers into.
In this instance I used a single crochet to start the first stitch, which tends to stabilize things nicely.   Once I've done all the stitches I pull both ends of my starting loop to cinch up the circle, secure the ends and weave them in, and voila!
This is actually the beginning of the second block, so, if you will excuse me, I am going to get back to my crocheting.

Pattern:  Tanglewild by Donna Kay Lacey
Yarn:  Pashmi in Gingerbread and Pumpkin Spice
Hook:  2.75 mm

No comments:

Post a Comment