Monday, August 29, 2011

Caribbean Pullover - Body Done

I got a lot of knitting done on this today, despite having to go to work, because my building had no power.  I am still perturbed that the status was listed as fully open when the power had not been restored and the only buildings that did have power were those that had backup generators.  To add insult to injury (quite literally) the traffic lights at the major intersections approaching the facility were still out and there were no police there directing traffic, resulting in at least one accident.  The real crime was the fact that after the police cleared up the accident they left the scene.  We were finally sent home at 1230 after several generators failed, but I have already received a status update stating that the facility is fully open tomorrow.  Maybe I am cynical, but somehow I don't believe it.  Fortunately, or unfortunately, I have a meeting up near Baltimore tomorrow, so regardless of the status of my building I will actually be able to work.

But enough griping about stupidity, so here is the body of the Caribbean pullover completed, and I have started on one of the sleeves.  This is my third Camp Loopy project, the 800 yard one, and I should have no trouble finishing it with time to spare.  I did this deliberately, picking a project that I know I can finish easily in the time allotted.  I have enough stress in my life without adding any more.  I am looking forward to cooler weather, when I will be able to wear all of these lovely sweaters that I have been knitting.  I have completed five and have two more in the works (including this one), as well as yarn for several more.

The yarn is Fiesta Yarns Boomerang, in Caribbean, 3 skeins
Top Down Raglan from Sweater Wizard
Size 5 and 6 Needles

No comments:

Post a Comment