Sunday, February 6, 2011

Orchid Pullover - Body Done

I finally finished the body of my Orchid Pullover.  This is the January Flower of the Month Colorway from Fiesta Yarns.  The colors are more subtle than some of the previous offerings.  They remind me of spring and Easter.  The subtle colors make for some interesting variations in the overall presentation of the colors in the knitting.  Because of the fairly short color runs they reinforce each other and appear more vibrant in the back and forth knitting of the very top and in the ribbing, but for the majority of the body they blend together.  The difference was striking enough that when I started my third skein on the bottom ribbing I thought I must have gotten more than one dye lot.  It will be interesting when I start on the sleeves.  I suspect the colors will appear more vibrant there as well.

The sweater pattern is a simple top-down v-neck raglan, I used Sweater Wizard software.
They yarn is Gracie's DK in Orchid
21 stitches and 29 rows to 4 inches on size 6 needles
70% Extrafine Merino, 15% silk, 15% cashmere
310 yards/100 grams

No comments:

Post a Comment