Sunday, February 6, 2011

In Dreams Mystery Shawl - Clue 1

Last year, Susan Pandorf of Sunflower Designs kicked off her Lord of the Rings knitting project with the Evenstar Mystery Shawl.  Sad to say, the only pattern from the first year (The Fellowship of the Ring) is the Rivendell Smoke Cowl, but I plan to remedy that in the near future.  This year, she is launching the next series (The Two Towers) with the In Dreams Mystery Shawl.  This is Clue 1.  It is already shaping up to be another exquisite pattern.

The yarn is Eos from The Unique Sheep, gradient color way - Eleanora
50% Tussah Silk, 50% Merino
1260 yards in 4 ounce, each gradience skein is 315 yards/1 ounce
Initially I was going to start with the purple, but after thinking about it I decided to go with the blue.

The beads are Beadcats stock no. 2-08-636-91:  lavender transparent lined with marine blue, iridescent.

Working with the Eos is making me want to knit another Evenstar shawl in the Eos that I had bought as one of the possible yarns last year.  I think it would be a lovely shawl in the silk/wool blend, very different than the pure silk that I knit it out of.


No comments:

Post a Comment