Saturday, February 26, 2011

Athena Fingerless Gloves - Finished

I finally finished up my first fingerless gloves project.  I first cast on for this project back in December of 2010 (December 19, 2010 to be exact, according to my project page on Ravelry).  I had to knit the first one twice because I needed to make modifications to the pattern to get it to fit my hands.  I have thin wrists, long palms and a long thumb.  Then, after I finished the first one it took me a while to get around to knitting the second one.  But lately I have been re-visiting some of my unfinished projects that have been languishing from neglect.

Pattern:  Athena, by Renee Leverington from ZenGoddess Lace Club
Yarn:  Superwash Sock Yarn by Zen Yarn Garden
Fingering, 4-ply, 100% Merino, 430 yards/115g (I had 60g left over, enough for socks...)

This past week I haven't been doing a whole lot of knitting.  Instead I pulled out a project that I started a couple of years ago.  A cross-stitch project.
It is one of four Celtic designs that I have.  I plan on framing them when I am done.  I could make them into pillows, but after all the work that I am putting into this one, I think I want them protected.  It has been a while since I have done any needlework.  I have made two needlepoint Christmas stockings in the past few years, and am working on a third one, but that project has also been sitting for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment