Friday, February 18, 2011

Morning Glory Pullover - Take 2

Back in November I started my Flower of the Month Pullover series with this colorway - Morning Glory - but the yarn was Ballet, an Alpaca/Tencel blend that started to make my hands itch when I worked with it.  This was both puzzling and dismaying.  I had worked with Alpaca before with no ill effects, but apparently menopause can change your allergic sensitivities and it had apparently changed mine.  So I set that project aside for the duration.  It made me very sad, as I really liked the colorway.  Imagine my delight when I discovered the same colorway in Gracie DK at Noble Knits.

Fiber-wise this is the same yarn base as the one I knit the Orchid Pullover out of (70% Extrafine Merino, 15% Silk,  15% Cashmere), but that yarn is called Gracie's DK.  And Gracie DK is put up in 380 yard skeins while Gracie's DK is put up in 310 yard skeins.  Beats the heck out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment