Saturday, March 13, 2010

Spring Mystery Shawl 2010 - Clue 1

I finished clue 1 of the Spring Mystery Shawl by Goddess Knits, aka Renee Leverington.  The clue came a week ago, but I only started it last night.  The yarn is Zephyr Lace in Hawthorn Rose by The Painted Tiger.  The beads are size 8, lavender transparent matte silver-lined (2-08-724-73 from Beadcats).  The silver lining combines with lavender in a way that almost makes them glow.  The yarn has been really wonderful to work with, and the color of the beads compliments the yarn, which is purple with a slight silvery hue.  The knitting has been pretty easy so far, but this is the first time that I've done nupps.  You can't really see the nupps very well at this point, but they are the areas of greater density at the base of the diamonds.  They look like little flower buds, and remind me of the French knots that I used to do back in my embroidery days.  I never thought that I would do nupps, but I trust Renee and if she puts nupps in her pattern, I figure there must be a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment