Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Evenstar Mystery Shawl - Clue 1

I finished up clue 1 last night of my second Evenstar Mystery Shawl.  I'm glad to be done with this clue as it has some fidgety stitches - increasing 4 stitches in a decrease of 3 stitches and knitting 4 stitches together, to be specific.  Not easy with silk that doesn't stretch.  But I made it through and only dropped one stitch on one of the knit 4 together stitches, and I spotted it before it unraveled completely so I was able to pick up the dropped stitch and fix everything when I came around again.  My other issue right now is knitting needles.  I don't have enough.  I now have 4 lace shawls going at the same time and they all use size 3 needles.  I have been using the Addi Turbo Lace needles, which have a brass finish and pointy tips.  In desperation this morning I pulled out a set of KnitPicks size 3 circular needles (32 inches long).  KnitPicks needles have pointier tips than typical knitting needles.  They are as pointy as the Addi Lace, but the tip isn't quite as long.  They also have a nickle finish.  The cord is a bit stiffer than the Addi cord, but not excessively so (like the Susan Bates circulars).  I was pleased to discover that the silk actually slides easier on the nickle than on the brass.

No comments:

Post a Comment