Sunday, March 7, 2010

Phoenix Rising Shawl

 
As if I need another project on the needles, let alone another lace shawl, but I am really excited about this one.  It may partly be the title, Phoenix Rising.  The Phoenix is such a powerful myth, and one that I can relate to.  This pattern was originally part of the 2008 Year of Lace, but I didn't join YOL until 2009, so I picked up the pattern when it became available to the general public.  Then I had to find the perfect yarn.  Fortunately I discovered Zen Yarn Garden's Serenity Lace, and in the absolute perfect colorway - "Into the Fire."  The last task was finding the perfect beads - they are red transparent with a gold luster.

One mod to the pattern (do I ever not mod the pattern?) - I charted the left side to make it symmetric with the right - there's that symmetry thing again.  The design is by Sivia Harding.

No comments:

Post a Comment