The second clue came a week ago this past Friday, but I didn't get started on it until yesterday. Everything was going okay, except that the new chart design was not symmetric with the first chart and that was bugging me. I can't help it, I like symmetry. Maybe it is the physicist and engineer in me, but the more I worked that chart, the more it bothered me. So, I did a little redesign. I kept the basic motif, but modified it to line up better with the previous chart. Of course, first, I had to rip out what I had knitted. To do that, I inserted another circular needle (a size 2) into the last row of chart 1, and then I pulled out the other needle, and ripped away. It was strangely liberating.
In doing the redesign I kept the same number of rows but I didn't do the decrease row that chart 2 called for, so my chart 2 section has 288 stitches, not 280. Right now, my chart has 39 pattern rows, but I stopped after knitting row 34 in case I have to modify the chart to fit with chart 3, which will come out next Friday.
A word about the yarn. The Unique Sheep Eos, 50/50 Tussah Silk/Wool. It is a dream to work with, buttery soft, and the color is amazing. A soft lilac, with some blue and pink and slightly darker purple. The silk gives it a wonderful sheen.