Saturday, January 16, 2010

A New Project Bag


This beautiful small project bag arrived in the mail this past Thursday along with my latest order of beads from Beadcats.  Carol Perrenoud, one half of the Beadcats, started making them after working at the big sock gathering on the West Coast.  She made this one especially for me.  It may actually inspire me to start knitting socks with all of that beautiful sock yarn that I have been stashing.  It has already proven useful, however.


I was winding 1100 yards of fingering weight  wool for a Mystery Shawl Knit A-Long when I ran out of room on my ball winder.  I didn't want to cut the yarn so I put the ball into the bag, hung the bag in the center of the swift, flipped the skein around so that the outside was now the inside, and started winding another ball from the other end.

It worked out quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment